PRINCIPLES AND PRACTICE OF SURGERY - Smith, 1st 1863 - SURGICAL HEALTH DISEASE
THE PRINCIPLES AND PRACTICE OF SURGERY, EMBRACING MINOR AND OPERATIVE SURGERY WITH A BIOGRAPHICAL INDEX OF AMERICAN SURGICAL WRITERS FROM THE YEAR 1783 TO 1860
Book Details + Condition: J.B. Lippincott and Co. (Philadelphia). First Edition, 1863. Hardcover with full leather boards. Volume one of a two-volume set. 826 pages with Index. Illustrated with "400 woodcuts and nearly 1000 engravings of steel". Contents include:
- General Surgical Pathology and Therapeutics
- General Surgical Disorders
- Specific Disorders Resulting From Perverted Nutrition
- Modification of Nutrition Creating Tumors
- Injuries of the Soft Tissues
- Injuries of Fractures of the Bones
- Diseases of the Bones
- Laxations or Dislocations
- Diseases and Injuries of the Joints
- Affections of the Tendons and Bursae and Affections of the Blood-Vessels
- And much more.
Interior hinge cracked but binding remains firm and solid; rubbed corners and edges; normal aging and wear to leather boards; binding tape to spine; small pasted medical clipping to inside front board; toning to endpapers; some chipping to ffep; interior is clean and free of markings.