1813 - GENTLEMAN'S MAGAZINE - OFFICIAL DECLARATION OF WAR BY ENGLAND ON THE USA
THE GENTLEMAN'S MAGAZINE AND HISTORICAL CHRONICLE FOR THE YEAR 1813: Volume 83, 1813 — Original Copy of the Declaration of War by England Against the United States; Detailed Reports on Naval Engagement in Canada Between United States and English Forces; Discovered Vaccination Against the Bubonic Plague; Discovery of Producing Bright Light Through Chemical Reactions of Phosphorous and Sulfuric Acid in a Bottle and a Warning Not For Use in Bed; British Conceived and Accepted Notions on Jewish Conception of a Messiah; and More
Publisher: John Nichols, London (1813)
In well preserved condition. Three-quarter leather binding with marbled boards. The boards and binding are solid and tight save for some shelfwear. The pages are crisp and clean. Gentleman's Magazine is a British publication of world politics, culture, and the arts. This volume is for six issues, from January to June of the year 1813. Featuring the original copy of the Declaration of War by England against the United States. Also included are several large engravings on architecture of notable English homes, buildings and found ancient artifacts. Other articles of interest include:
- Original copy of the Declaration of War by England against the United States, Page 65, January Issue.
- Detailed Reports on Naval Engagement in Canada between United States and English forces, Page 381.
- Discovered Vaccination against the Bubonic Plague, Page 382.
- Discovery of producing bright light through chemical reactions of phosphorous and sulfuric acid in a bottle and warning not to use the apparatus in bed!, Page 408
- British Conceived and Accepted Notions on Jewish Conception of a Messiah, Page 615
- English Naval Vessel Capture and Prisoner Counts vs. American and Treatment of... Pages 277,659