1815 - GENTLEMAN'S MAGAZINE - ORIGINAL ACCOUNT NAPOLEON'S SURRENDER AT WATERLOO
THE GENTLEMAN'S MAGAZINE AND HISTORICAL CHRONICLE FOR THE YEAR 1815: Volume 85 Part II — Leather Bound, First English Printing of The Battle of Waterloo and Napoleon's Surrender and Exile — Also Original Articles Showing "Proof" that Napoleon Is the Incarnation of the Anti-Christ and How the Number of the Beast "666" Can Be Identified In His Name; Reporting on the Battles Between The United States and Native American Indians in Missouri Massacring 200 Americans; Argument Against Establishing A Clothing Charity for the Poor Since It Would Be Improper to Clothe the Poor in "Left Over Fine Clothes From Respectable Society; Meteorological Discussion: "Atmospheric Stones" Hail, Originate from Volcanoes in the Moon
Publisher: John Nichols, London (1815)
In well preserved condition. The leather binding and marbled boards are solid and tight save for some shelfwear. The pages are crisp and clean save for some light sporadic foxing. Gentleman's Magazine is a British publication of world politics, culture, and the arts. This volume is for six issues, from July to December of the year 1815. Also included are several large engravings on architecture of notable English homes, buildings and found ancient artifacts. Interesting historical articles of note include:
–Original Reporting The Details Account of the Battle of Waterloo and Napoleon's Surrender, from the French and English Perspectives. Pages: 74 -76, 81, 214, 273, 275, 465.
- Religious Arguments that Napoleon Bonaparte is the Biblical Incarnation of the "Anti-Christ" Prophesised in the Book of Revelations. An example of which, "666" Number of the Beast can be Found In Napoleon's Name. Pages 409 - 412,485.
- Orignal Reporting of the Exile of Napoleon from France. Page 356
- Detailed Report on the Battle of the Missouri Indian Massacure of 200 Americans. Page 78
- Arguments Against Charitable Clothing of the Poor Since It Would be "Socially Improper" to Donate Respectable Societies such Fine Clothing to Them. Page 778
- Meteorological Discussion that "Atmospheric Stones" Hail Originate From Volcanoes on the Moon. Page 583