ARCHAEOLIGIA SCOTICA - 1st Ed 1874-90, 3 Vols SCOTTISH SCOTLAND ANCIENT HISTORY
ARCHAEOLOGIA SCOTICA: OR, TRANSACTIONS OF THE SOCIETY OF ANTIQUARIES OF SCOTLAND — VOLUME V, PARTS I-III
Book Details + Condition: Society of the Antiquaries of Scotland (Edinburgh). First Edition, 1874 (Pt. I); 1880 (Pt. II); 1890 (Pt. III). Softcover. Three volumes. Very scarce in the first edition, softcover formats. Three volumes on Scottish antiquities and ancient history, featuring essays and articles by various writers. Some small illustrations throughout, with larger plates to last pages of each book. Topics include:
- An Account of St. Columba's Abbey
- The Brochs, or Pictish Towers
- Notes on Highland Shields and Highland Targets
- On a Runic Door from Iceland
- An Inquiry as to the Birthplace of St Patrick
- Notice of a Carved Ivory Ciborium
- The Quigrich, or Crosier of St Fillan
- On the Duns of the Outer Hebrides
- On the Chapel and Ancient Buildings of King's College, Aberdeen
- And much more.
The pages of all 3 parts remain uncut, thus unread. Firm binding; normal wear to covers, with some discoloration present, as well as the paper to spine of pt III being partially worn off; interiors are clean and free of markings (and as mentioned, remain mainly uncut).