Book Details + Condition: Complete 14th year of issues from 1954 of Manly P. Hall's HORIZON: JOURNAL OF THE PHILOSOPHICAL RESEARCH SOCIETY. Original four (4) issues in total for 1954, published Quarterly: Spring (Vol. 13, No. 4), Summer, Fall, and Winter. Paper-covered covers; stapled wrappers. Each issue is 80 pages apiece. Manly
Palmer Hall (1901 - 1990) was a Canadian-born occultist, mystic and author
best known for his "The Secret Teaching of All Ages." Hall gathered a world renowned collection of books and manuscripts on alchemy,
mysticism, and the occult, which became part of the library of an organisation called the Philosophical Research Society, which he founded in 1934.
Each issue is in VERY GOOD condition, with minor shelfwear. All are clean and free of interior markings. A notable and fascinating, wide-ranging reference, covering such topics as:
- Philosophic Psychology As Therapy
- The Story of Astronomy
- The Cause & Treatment of Malignant Diseases
- The Ramayana
- Navajo Sand Paintings
- Chinese Cosmogony
- The City of the Sun
- Invasion from Inner Space
- Spiritual Experience or Psychic Stress?
- Hippocrates, the Father of Medicine
- Prayer As a Scientific Experience of Consciousness
- The Buddhist Concept of the Universe
- The Soul in Egyptian Metaphysics
- The Fable of Cupid and Psyche
- Why Am I Too Busy to Think?
- Can Philosophy Take the Place of Aspirin?
- A Historical Record of Divination
- On the Nature of the Gods
- Hunger & Fatigue As Symptoms of Psychic Pressure