Title: HORIZON: JOURNAL OF THE PHILOSOPHICAL RESEARCH SOCIETY
Author: Manly Palmer Hall
Publisher: Horizon Publishing Co.
City: Los Angeles, CA
Years: 1956Binding Style: Softcover Pagination: 80 (Each)
Book Details + Condition: Complete 16th year of issues from 1956 of Manly P. Hall's HORIZON: JOURNAL OF THE PHILOSOPHICAL RESEARCH SOCIETY. Original four (4) issues in total for 1956, published Quarterly: Spring (Vol. 15, No. 4), Summer, Fall, and Winter. Paper-covered covers; stapled wrappers. Each issue is 80 pages apiece. Manly
Palmer Hall (1901 - 1990) was a Canadian-born occultist, mystic and author
best known for his "The Secret Teaching of All Ages." Hall gathered a world renowned collection of books and manuscripts on alchemy,
mysticism, and the occult, which became part of the library of an organisation called the Philosophical Research Society, which he founded in 1934.
Each issue is in VERY GOOD condition, with minor shelfwear. All are clean and free of interior markings, save some old pencil notes (on a few pages) in the Autumn edition. A notable and fascinating, wide-ranging reference, covering such topics as:
- Overcoming the Feeling of Futility
- The Sikhs
- Traces of Freemasonry in Ancient America
- Symbolism of a Deck of Cards
- Research on Reincarnation
- Angels in the Universal Plan
- The Evil Eye
- Learning from Our Likes and Dislikes
- The Psychological Meaning of Tibetan Art
- Zen Buddhism
- The Secret of the Untroubled Mind
- Islam and the World of Brotherhood
- The Dead Sea Scrolls
- AND MUCH MORE.